Thursday 30 June 2016

Book Review: The Girl on the Train


Oh man. This is the book I have been craving. Since I read ‘Gone Girl’ I have been missing something thrilling, something that I can’t put down. And ‘The Girl on the Train’ was definitely that. On paper, it shouldn’t really work. It was depressing and unnerving. All of the characters had deep issues. We’re not talking simple character flaws, but serious issues. But the pacing and the mystery balanced all that out, making this book a fantastic read. 

If you like perfect characters that everyone loves, you won’t like this book. But, I’ve never been like that. I think the flawed ones are far more interesting. I’ve always preferred the messed up characters, the characters you can’t trust. And you can’t trust any of these characters. What I liked about it was that the main characters challenged you not to trust them. What seems like a trustworthy character in the start of the book soon becomes the opposite, and vice versa.


Overall, I don’t think it quite hit the mark that ‘Gone Girl’ hit, but it was a thrilling and entertaining weekend read that I would absolutely recommend. 

4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment