Monday 25 July 2016

My Weekend: Relaxing in Heaton Park

Sometimes, it's important to take the day off. I've been worrying non-stop recently, and it can be hard to wind down. Any time I try to relax or do something for myself, the anxiety comes rolling in, and I can't concentrate on anything. I guess it just comes with being an unemployed graduate. I know that I should just be grateful that I was fortunate enough to graduate at all and I am grateful, I really am. But we all need a break sometimes.



This weekend, I managed to relax, even if it was just for a little bit. I went to Heaton Park with Ann-Marie and Nick. It wasn't particularly sunny, but it was warm. It was a chance to go out and not worry. I didn't even wear makeup. For once, I was able to let go a little.


 We played badminton. (Nick won - apparently he has a hidden talent.)



We went for a walk all around the park. It was amazing to get out of the city for a little while.


We got to look at some farm animals (including some very happy looking sleeping pigs - so cute!). Ann-Marie was really excited about it.


And I even got to pet a horse. 

It's so important to take a little time to yourself and stop worrying so much. What will be will be, and it doesn't help to agonise over every little detail of your life.

I hope your weekend was as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment